Best Tips For your next Interview
1. It is often said that ‘Your first impression in your interview is your last’, and it is said right. What matters is to be real and natural. Be yourself. Don’t lie about your skills or qualifications. Put forward who you really are and what you can do to improve yourself. Presenting yourself as the perfect candidate for the job would only lead you to trouble at the end. Do not be afraid of your percentage or your graduation marks. Make them believe that you are much more than just marks. Make them believe in you that you have scope to improve.
2. Look over for company’s information. Go through the company’s website and get to know it. It’s present position in the market, customer reviews, products and services they offer. Learning about the company would make you feel more connected to the environment and it might give you an upper hand if the panel happens to ask you something related to the company! Of course no one would like to hire a person who is clueless about his/her work environment.
3. Your resume plays an important role to get your desired job. It speaks for you before you do for yourself. It gives the panel an idea about the person they are going to interview. Prepare the resume according to the job profile of a company in which you have applied. Let them know that you are an ideal candidate for the position.
4. Needless to say that first impression is the last impression. Imagine reaching the interview late and what impression that would leave.Set a target of reaching ten minutes earlier than the scheduled interview time as you might end up getting stuck in traffic. Also reaching on time would show that you are punctual and serious about the job.
5. Dress Formally! Your clothing says a lot about you. A decent and simple pair of formals should be an ideal outfit of a candidate appearing for jobs. Avoid wearing colorful combinations.